C & A

C & A

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lions, and tigers, and kindergarteners oh my!

After spending countless hours this past summer getting my classroom ready for my very first year of teaching I think it turned out pretty cute!
The Before
The After
I chose to decorate my room in bumble bees, which you can't really tell by the pictures. It's a bit of a pun off of our school rules....Be Safe, Be Respectful, and Be Responsible :)
My cubbies and toys
Calender Wall
Coatroom 
School started on Friday, August 15th and thank goodness it was a short day! I really thought I did a good job of mentally preparing myself for how exhausting it was going to be... but I was wrong. I got home that afternoon before 5 and slept on the couch until 9 after which I got up and went to bed until 10:30 Saturday morning. I don't think I've slept that long since I was a teenager in high school!
Open House

Highlights from my first week
~A toad somehow found his way into my room. Strong fellow teachers were recruited to move my bookcases and I caught him with a butterfly net.
~TLC Art.............Do not try this the first week of kindergarten...............Rookie mistake.
~Chocolate and Diet Dr. Pepper fix everything
~ I only messed up my lesson plans about 25x and yet I think they all managed to learn something this week :)
Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed
Even teachers need a 1st Day of School Picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment